A Short Introduction


My name is Arvind and I decided to turn vegan in July, 2015. Over 2 years later, I can say  it's one of the best decisions I made. It's certainly not an easy decision to make but it has been one that has given me immense satisfaction. 

There is one main misconception when it comes to vegan food. 

Vegan food is raw, boring and flavourless

You only have to taste food that originates from the Indian subcontinent to know that the above statement literally makes no sense. Gordon Ramsay and Anthony Bourdain who have often ridiculed vegetarian food have been left amazed on tasting vegetarian food in India. Incidentally, a lot of these vegetarian dishes are vegan too. That for me, is an important part of this discussion. There are so many Indian dishes that have always been vegan. They have not been adapted to suit vegans but have always been prepared that way and are popular worldwide. People do not have a stigma against the food but the label associated with it. Hopefully, through the recipes I share, I can convince some people that vegan food can be cooked, exciting and flavourful.




Hopefully, at least a couple of you decide to give my recipes a go. That would be really cool !

Best,
The Desi Vegan


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetable Pulao (Spiced Indian Rice with Vegetables) - Indian Vegan Recipe

Easy Vegan Stir-fry with Noodles - Vegan Recipe

Yellow Lentil Dahl Curry - Indian Vegan Recipe